This is a FREE and general course that is taken alongside any of our courses. The focus is specifically on creative drawing and Illustration. In this course, you’ll learn how to draw with proper techniques, discovering how to represent what you see through studies in contour drawing, perspective, positive/negative space, and value. With guidance from an expert instructor, you will improve your drawing and develop a deeper understanding of any subject you are trying to capture as an artist or designer. The student will also gain basic knowledge of the elements of art: line, value, shape/volume, texture and colour to lead to their deliberate manipulation for different types of spatial illusion, compositions, and expressive meaning.
- Students will analyse visual information in terms of proportional relationships, spatial relationships and basic geometric shapes in order to accurately depict objects and groupings of objects.
- Students will use shading (continuous tones, cross contour, cross-hatching and stippling) to create the illusion of volume, depth, and the natural way light describes form.
- Students will describe texture and organic rhythms drawing from still life objects and landscape
- Students will execute one and two point perspective drawings.
- Students will use a variety of tools and techniques spontaneously to illustrate subjects in particular expressive ways.
- Students will learn basic drawing techniques for fashion and style and other drawing needs of their core courses.
- Students will present their completed work in a professional manner.